‘The Welland Tennis Club is a non profit organization whose mission is to promote active living and enhance the social and physical well being of its members by maintaining an excellent tennis facility and providing affordable tennis to players of all ages and play levels in a safe, friendly and sporting environment.’
Our Club is run by a 6 member elected volunteer Board of Directors that work closely with club Pro and Manager, Dave Boland to fulfill the Club’s mandate.
Many of you have told the Board you are interested in volunteering for the club but don’t know what to volunteer for. We are thrilled you have offered and will try to describe the jobs you can assist with. If a job doesn’t quite fit what you’d like to do or you can offer a different skill, let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
Please email the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org with your area of interest and how you would like to help. Your help is extremely important in making our Club a vibrant and exciting place to play tennis. Thank you for volunteering!
Volunteer Opportunities for Welland Tennis Club 2022
- Club Opening and Closing
Dave Boland- Manager and Kris Kernaghan- Maintenance Coordinator
Opening: Beginning of April
Closing: End of October
Job: a) Prepare courts for Play at beginning and end of season:
– Put down/remove lines, nets, windscreens, canopies
-Put out chairs, benches, tables, umbrellas
b) Clean out and organize the shed at beginning and end of season.
c) Clean up the kitchen, box up and organize WTC kitchen utensils/glasses etc for the season/next year
Kris Kernaghan- Maintenance Coordinator
Job: a) A Team of Volunteers are required to roll the clay courts and apply clay throughout the season especially directly after a rain. Courts also need to be watered and dragged during tournaments. The key to playable clay courts is regular rolling.
Job: b) Assist in necessary club improvements such as painting and gardening and general appearance of Clubhouse
Note: A group of committed volunteers are needed that Kris can call upon to help him maintain the clay courts throughout the season.
Mike Robinson- Tournament Coordinator
Job: Regional Tournaments, Club Championships and Socials
- To assist Dave and Mike in making the Draws for each Regional/Club Tournament and Championship
- To man the Registration table to give out balls, direct players to courts and take registrations if not already done and assist where needed
iii. As mentioned above, to spray and drag courts during the tournament
- To work at the Bar during tournaments. Members are required to have Smart Serve. The bar will be open from ½ hr before play.
Note: Approximately 12 volunteers are needed for each tournament. Our intention is to create a pool of members that Mike can draw from to help out for specific events.
- Social Events
Kathi Pizzacalla- Social Coordinator
Job: Social Events include Tournaments and Championships, Socials, Open House, AGM, Ontario Senior Games,
- Kathi requires members to Barbecue
- To work the bar, Smart Serve, a government mandated requirement, is needed to assist at the bar. Check the link if you wish to apply for your Smart Serve certification https://smartserve.ca
iii. To pick up food locally for tournament meals
- To serve food during tournaments
- To prepare snacks for socials
- To clean up at end of meal/snack at tournaments and socials.
Note: Food will be served at many events throughout the season. Kathi would like to have a number of members who she can call on to help out at an event.
- Volunteer to be a Sponsor
Linda Anderson- Sponsorship
a) Are you interested in being a Sponsor for the Welland Tennis Club? A sponsorship may be in the form of cash, donated goods or services. The Board will welcome discussing your generous offer.
- Volunteer to Fundraise for the Club
Work with the Board
- Volunteer your Computer Skills
Linda Anderson- President
a) The Club needs some computer assistance from time to time.
Please take advantage of this volunteer opportunity by emailing email@example.com giving your NAME AND YOUR AREA OF INTEREST AND HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP. Join us in making the Welland Tennis Club the best Tennis club in Niagara.