Safe Play Guidelines for Members
COVID-19 is still here, so please continue to practice physical distancing and help lessen the spread. Stay connected and follow Niagara Region Public Health for safety practices.
Proof of vaccination no longer required at city facilities
On March 1, all city-owned facilities no longer require proof of vaccination. Masks are still required indoors in all facilities.
Deciding if you should play
Members must ask themselves these three questions:
- Have you traveled anywhere in the last 14 days for business or personal reasons?
- Have you had contact with a COVID-19 patient?
- Are you exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, difficulty breathing) or feel you are at risk? You may conduct a self-assessment at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ if you are uncertain of your risk level.
IMPORTANT: If you say yes to any of these questions, please do not visit the club. If you exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, you will be asked to leave the Club and seek a medical opinion on your symptoms. You will be expected to provide medical documentation asserting you are not at risk of COVID in order to return to the Club to play.
We must also consider guidance from Tennis Canada: Do not play if you are considered vulnerable or at risk (elderly individuals, immuno-suppressed persons, individuals suffering from serious health problems, notably high blood pressure, pulmonary diseases, diabetes, obesity and asthma).
Preparing to play
- Wash your hands with disinfectant soap and water for at least 20 seconds before going to the club
- Bring hand sanitizer with you to the club for use during and after play.
- Clean your equipment, including your racquets and water bottles.
- Make sure you have enough water before leaving the house.
- Consider wearing gloves while playing.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so in a tissue or in your sleeve.
- As much as possible, avoid touching door handles, gates, benches and all other objects where the virus can survive and make sure to wash your hands and disinfect the surface you have touched.
- Always Maintain 2 metres distance from everyone, on and off courts. We need to minimize the chance of coming into contact with other members.
- Avoid all physical contact, for example, shaking hands/high fiving, with other players.
- When a stray ball comes onto your court, return it only by using your racquet or
- Avoid sharing food, drinks, and towels.
- On court chairs may be used by players during their time on court. These will be sanitized in between playing times.
- Use the hand sanitizer you brought with you to wash disinfect your hands prior to leaving the court.
- Please continue to sweep clay court surface and lines with the on-court equipment. These will be sanitized regularly by WTC staff.
- Please do not lounge in the Clubhouse or near the playing surfaces. We encourage members to play and during this first phase, it’s highly recommended to leave the facility immediately after your time is finished.